Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) – A Powerful Immune Booster
ALA is a vitamin-like chemical (naturally occurring fatty acid) known as an antioxidant. Antioxidants protect our cells from damaging free-radical cells which are caused by such things as environmental toxins, aging, inflammation and stress.
While our bodies naturally make a small amount of ALA – which helps turn glucose into energy (thereby helping with diabetes), it can also be found in vegetables such as spinach, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, beets, broccoli, peas, carrots, tomatoes, and in foods such as brewers yeast, potatoes, and organ meats like liver and kidney.
As we age, our bodies make less of this antioxidant, and so supplementing can be very beneficial. It is easily absorbed and is water soluble.
One of the most powerful antioxidants in our body is called glutathione and ALA helps boost this protective antioxidant as well.
Some of the Benefits:
- Helps to detoxify the liver
- Helps with energy production
- Lowers blood sugar
- Treats nerve pain from diabetes
- Boosts the immune system
- Good for heart and brain function
- Powerful antioxidant!
- It works with your B, C, & E vitamins
- Slows down aging
- Boosts glutathione!
- Helps with HIV
- Helps with MS
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps with insulin resistance
- Boosts T-cells
- Inhibits Influenza and flu viruses
- Helps with Neuropathy
- Lowers blood pressure (when taken with L carnitine)
- Anti inflammatory
- Helps with retinopathy
- Crosses the blood-brain barrier
- Good for skin